Monday, September 27, 2010

working

it's been a horrible month.. work, work, and more work..

working till wee hours rushing for events and events..

auditors driving me crazy with all the accounts questioning..

all the necessary entertaining to "clients"..

all the smiling and nodding.. =.=


my boss asked me this one night after our meeting.. (it was already midnight.. ):

"do you regret working here?"

and to my own surprise, i asked myself and the answer was no (and still no)..


yes, this job is tedious.. and people who cared about me have been complaining they don't get to see me often..

even my own colleagues from other departments don't get to see me!

i am often working from early mornings till late nights.. when i reach home, the lights are off and everyone is asleep..

my weekends are often burnt.. with events and meetings and all the ad-hoc activities needed..

i am always tired and i am starting to have white hair (yes and not just one or two strands, sadly..)

my dark rings are darker than before and well, my complexion kinda suffered..

i don't go out much often and my social life is down to almost zero..

but.. i still don't regret changing my job to this current company..


i like to OT in the office with the others.. and joke around.. chatting while working..

i like to stay in the office with piles of papers on my desk and tons of emails to clear..

i like to go for quick break and then come back to the office to rush work..

i like to work under pressure..


this place appreciates people who can work.. who are hardworking..

this place has great colleagues and bosses..

of cos, there are black sheeps everywhere and this place is no different..

but there are tons of pure white sheeps who can control the black ones..


i learnt to be tougher..

i learnt to let go..

i learnt to be patient..

i learnt to appreciate..

i learnt to trust..

i learnt to be appreciated (and i love that feeling)..

i learnt to be true to myself..

i learnt to be flexible..

and most importantly, i learnt that it is okay to be different, to be unqiue, to be imperfect..

and so, i learnt to love myself more.. =)



i also learnt that love is in all forms.. and that sometimes, love means letting go..

weird to learn that at work huh?

but i learnt it.. through colleagues.. and i saw how powerful love can be..

how it make and break a person..

and all kinds of love.. can be seen at work..

between friends, family, lovers, parents and their children..

all of these, seen and experienced at work..


so why should i regret working here?

yes, it took away my time.. and maybe much more..

but what i learnt here is enough to compensate for what i have lost..


i can't say i love my job and i definitely grumble at times..

but regret? Nah.

i stilll have a long way to go here.. and i look forward to it. =)


how much have you learnt at your workplace?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;