Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Today I got 2 donation booklets from my ex-colleague cum friend. It is donation booklets for Children Charities Association of Singapore (CCA).

Proceeds will go to:
1. The Association for Persons with Special Needs,

2. Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore,

3. St Andrew's Mission Hospital,

4. Singapore Association for the Deaf,

5. Singapore Children's Society,

6. Spastic Children's Association of Singapore.


When I asked for 2 booklets, I was thinking to myself,”well, these days not many people want to donate money, so it’s gonna be tough selling.” So I only took 2 booklets, 20 tickets in total.

When I started asking my colleagues to buy the tickets, I was expecting to sell only 1 book and I was going to buy the 2nd booklet. To my surprise, my colleagues each bought at least 2 tickets, and 3 of them actually bought 3 booklets (1 booklet each)!

I was very touched, seriously. They bought it so readily; they did not even ask if there’s lucky draw or when’s the event etc which most public would ask. They merely ask, “donation for? “ after I replied, they just said. “okay! One book for me! “

It’s that simple.

With all the scams and hoo-haa of various big charities, Singaporeans are getting very sceptical about donating, even if it’s only $2 each.

However, there are still a group of people who still wish to help the needy in the country, still believes there are genuine associations/organisations in Singapore that are helping those in need.

I am much more positive now and hope more people will regain their confidence in charity and donate generously cos ultimately, when we get stingy with our donations, it ain’t those CEOs or Directors who suffer, but those who are depending on these associations to survive through every day needs.

The directors or management level would still be paid a comfortable sum of money every month while those who really need help, such as medical bills, dialysis machines etc, would be crying and worrying about the next day, cos we public had lost hope and stop donating.

So please people, be kind! donate! =)





* CCA will be having their annual fun-fair event around November this year to help raise funds for the needy children. Do stay tune for updates! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;